So, I woke up groggy and bleary-eyed, since between the cats and Ben not coming to bed until 2:00 AM, I spend most of the night tossing and turning. My day of classes dragged on with painful languidness until finally, blessedly, the day drew to a close, and I returned home.
Something amazing awaited me when I came home. The house was spotless. I smelled a rich, salty aroma wafting from the kitchen, and heard food sizzling on the stove. Gleefully my kittens bounded over to greet me, weaving about my ankles. Ben rushed over to wrap me up in a bracing hug.
"Baby, you're gorgeous. You're glowing."
There's nothing like coming home to a rare scene of domestic bliss and a sweet husband to make you feel fresh and happy. It's not in my nature to pause and absorb wonderful moments like this, but I need to. If I don't, I'll let the stressful situations around me cloud up my mind, forcing all the good thoughts out. Being a chronic pessimist isn't much fun. However, I have to stop and marvel at my husband for a little while. Despite all his flaws, the boy at least knows how to make me feel better when I'm having a bad day.
Now, I have to go - my cat is stepping on my computer. He's staring at me, meowing - now his tail is in my face. It's only a matter of time before he starts gnawing on the power cord.
No comments:
Post a Comment