Around 11:00 we arrived, and Ben met his brother, who drove them to his grandmother's house. They were gone for SIX HOURS. Seriously. Can you blame me for thinking something was going well? I'm sitting here, thinking everything is going great, imagining the two boys touring the warehouse with their grandmother, discussing wonderful future plans of Ben managing the place. Maybe she even gave him a small management position now, and tomorrow morning, he'll be combing his hair and setting off with a purpose.
Well, that didn't happen. Ben returned to my parents' house just as I finished my run, face a mask of irritation. She didn't offer him a job. She just hired three people.
This, I cannot understand. My dad owns a business, and if I needed a job, he would give me one, no matter how many people he had working for him. I assumed this was the way of all business owners in relation to their children, but I guess not. I'm so let down by all of this. I don't want to be angry with his grandmother, but I can't help feel a little irate. Ben's brother doesn't even want to work there, but he has a job. I guess this just proves that you can't rely on anyone but yourself. That's something I should have known already.
No comments:
Post a Comment