Monday, March 30, 2009

At Least Some Kind of Work Is Being Done Here

Yesterday, I spent the entire day doing homework. I kid you not. Today was no different. Besides class, and 45 minutes of free time to work out, I sat and did homework. This aggravated me to no end, but my two cats seemed way more put off by this whole situation than me. One of them kept flopping himself on top of my laptop keyboard, succeeding in either scrambling all the words I'd typed or dislodging the power cord and shutting the whole thing off.

So, nothing interesting to report today, except for a small observation. Isn't it ironic, with so many people left unemployed and out of work by this economy, that I'm working my butt off for nothing? Yes, I know, I'll get an education and a sheet of paper to prove my academic worth, but I feel like I should be doing something to support my family now, not in the future.

I guess I should just keep plugging forward. Ben is - he put in some more job applications today. We've decided just to try for anything we can get at this point. Seems like minimum wage would be great right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment